Monday, July 11, 2011

I Want To Focus On Me

Dear Honey Bii,

I'm 24 yrs young and I am now home on the west coast after being away for 4yrs (I'm a Navy veteran). The woman that I have had an on again off again relationship with since I was 17 is now living in another state with an ex girlfriend and I'm more than fine with that, but the problem I'm having is she wants to get back together. And I know eventually we will but right now I wanna focus on me and the things I need to do before I enter into a relationship. How do I explain that to her without making it seem like we're over forever?  

Hey. Thank you for sharing. 

To be honest, I think that it is over between the two of you. I think that women have the tendency to hold on too long. Probably because we form great friendships outside of a romantic relationship....

Getting to the point, I don't think that you could ask her to wait on you to figure yourself out without making her feel like she is on the back burner. What exactly do you need to figure out? Also, how are you ok with her living with her "ex". Seems to me that you are detached emotionally from her.
 
XOXO Honey Bii


No comments:

Post a Comment