Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dear Honey B, Day 2

Dear Honey B, Day 2

To Do List

1. Sleep naked

2. Make bed

3. Pick out a Great Book

#3. Excuse me Honey B, but I don’t think you understand how much I love reading. As I reflect on the kinds of books I read*, I realize I’m a non-fiction girl. I’ll read the occasionally life-altering-mind-blogging fiction such as Ishmael and The Story of B by Daniel Quinn or The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Sometimes I’ll even enjoy a little fantasy likeTwilight Saga by Stephaine Meyer. But I always find the most pleasure and delight with non-fiction. My favorite non-fiction books are: The Princessa: Machiavelli for Women by Harriet Rubin, Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts, You Can Heal Your Life by Lousie L. Hay, The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama and Excuses Begone by Dr. Wayne Dyer these books give me life. My guilty pleasures are non-fiction relationship how-to guides (Keeping the Love you Find by Dr. Harville Hendrix) or memoirs (Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert). I also really enjoy spiritual text like A Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsh and A Course in Miracles.


Book selections on my SPRING reading list include: The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz (Self-Help/Spiritual), Your Degrees Won’t Keep You Warm at Night by Damon Young and Panama Jackson (A relationship/dating/how to guide), I Love You and I’m Leaving You Anyway by Tracy McMillian (A Memoir about relationships), Our Kinds of People by Lawrence Otis Graham (A portrait of the black elite), and Tiger Mom by Amy Chua (A memoir about parenting). Each book will be read before the end of spring but which do I choose today?


Drum roll please … I am going to go with … I Love You and I’m Leaving You Anyway by Tracy McMillian. The whys will be answered later but for right now read into the title as much as you want because it just might make my reasons pretty obvious *smile.



XOXO

Free Flowers



*I read about 1-3 books a month just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment